Ward’s have announced their annual 10 best engines list which reflect the diversity of powertrains that will play a role in reshapingÂ America’s automotive landscape.
Among one of the winnners was Hyundai’s all new 4.6L Tau engine from the Genesis sedan which was named the V8 engine of the year. The strong hold of Germans and the Japanese, Hyundai has done really well in the last couple of years to reach where they are now. It is also the first time in Hyundai’s history that it has won a prestigious engine award.
The award also reflects Hyundai growing stature as a maker of quality and credible cars which can hold their own in any competition from Japan or Europe.
Jump down for the complete list of winners.
Other winners in the list including the vehicle on which they were tested include.
- Audi AG: 2.0L TFSI turbocharged DOHC I-4 (A4 Avant)
- BMW AG: 3.0L turbocharged DOHC I-6 (135i Coupe)
- BMW AG: 3.0L DOHC I-6 Turbodiesel (335d)
- Chrysler LLC: 5.7L Hemi OHV V-8 (Dodge Ram/Challenger R/T)
- Ford Motor Co.: 2.5L DOHC I-4 HEV (Escape Hybrid)
- General Motors Corp.: 3.6L DOHC V-6 (Cadillac CTS)
- Honda Motor Co. Ltd.: 3.5L SOHC V-6 (Accord Coupe)
- Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd.: 4.6L DOHC V-8 (Genesis)
- Toyota Motor Corp.: 3.5L DOHC V-6 (Lexus IS 350)
- Volkswagen AG: 2.0L SOHC I-4 Turbodiesel (Jetta TDI)